- 30g Parmesan, cut into ½-in. cubes
- 2 Tbl. fresh mint (plus extra for serving)
- ½ drop dōTERRA Basil essential oil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 2 jars artichoke hearts (approx. 20) or fresh from deli
- 400 mL plain yogurt
- 2 Tbl. extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for serving)
- 2 drops dōTERRA Lemon essential oil
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
TIP: To get 1/2 a drop of essential oil, place a drop of oil on a teaspoon and then gently shake so that some of the oils is removed. Do this over the sink and then when ready stir the spoon into the mixture.
- Process the Parmesan until finely chopped; remove from the food processor work bowl and reserve.
- Add the fresh herbs to the work bowl; pulse to chop, about five pulses. Add remaining ingredients, including the lemon essential oil and reserved Parmesan; pulse five times to combine, then process until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Allow dip to rest at least two hours in refrigerator for flavours to develop. Don’t forget to remove from refrigerator half an hour before serving for optimal dipping!
Basil essential oil: Basil is from the family Lamiacea (Labiatae), the oil comes from the leaf of the plant, is steam distilled, and is grown in the United States. Read a study on the effects of using a herbal mouth rinse containing basil essential oil here.
dōTERRA essential oils can be purchased online, or from any of our Wellness Advocates. If you would like to locate a Wellness Advocate in your area, click here. *These statements have not been approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration. dōTERRA products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Pregnant or lactating women and persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any dōTERRA product.