- 2 cups plain or spelt flour
- 1/2 drop dōTERRA Fennel essential oil
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 50g butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup milk (or preferred milk alternative)
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 300g feta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups pumpkin, cubed and roasted
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cups spinach (lightly blanched)
- Jarlsberg cheese for grating (optional)
TIP: To get 1/2 a drop of essential oil, place a drop of oil on a teaspoon and then gently shake so that some of the oils is removed. Do this over the sink and then when ready stir the spoon into the mixture.
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C. Line a muffin tray with baking parchment or paper muffin cups, or lightly grease so the muffins don’t stick. 2. Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir to distribute the raising agents and seasoning evenly through the mix. 3. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add all the liquid ingredients (milk, egg, fennel essential oil, butter, and vegetables). Stir a couple of times before gently folding in the cheese until the mixture is just combined. Use an ice cream scoop or soup spoon to spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them three-quarters full. 4. Bake on the upper-middle shelf of the oven for 25-30 minutes for large muffins, or 15-25 minutes for smaller ones, depending on your oven. Optional: Scatter another fine grating of cheese over the muffins as they cool on a wire rack. 5. Enjoy with soups or salads as a nice alternative to ordinary bread. And of course they are lovely on their own.Fennel essential oil: Fennel has been used for its helpful properties for decades. Anciently it was thought to ward off evil spirits, in Roman times it was a symbol of strength and courage. Ready a study on fennel essential oil here.
dōTERRA essential oils can be purchased online, or from any of our Wellness Advocates. If you would like to locate a Wellness Advocate in your area, click here. *These statements have not been approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration. dōTERRA products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Pregnant or lactating women and persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any dōTERRA product.